Find Out More:
What Does the Bible Say About Covenant Giving?
The Bible is full of instructions and commandments about money and how to honour God and overcome greed. A major part of this is being a good steward of what God has put into our care. The Bible is also clear that there is an economy outside the world’s economy: God’s Economy!
For a Christian, prosperity and abundance is not for selfish indulgence but to be a blessing! The Lord’s intention is for His church to always have everything they need and plenty left over to share with others.
Consider the Following Scriptures
1. Genesis 14:20 - Then Abraham . . . gave a tithe of all.
2. Malachi 3:10 - Bring all the tithes into my storehouse that there may be food in My house and try Me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such a blessing!’
3. Deuteronomy 12:6 - But you shall seek the place where the Lord your God chooses. . . and there you shall go. There you shall take your tithes ... and offerings.
4. Proverbs 3:9 - Honour the Lord with the tithe . . . so you will be filled with plenty.
5. 1 Corinthians 16:2 - On the first day of the week let each one lay something aside storing up as he may prosper.
6. Matthew 23:23 - You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the most important things.